So long Steve ..

Tony Hardie-Bick EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Oct 7 13:55:00 CEST 2011

On 07/10/11 12:46, The Dong wrote:
> On 07/10/2011 11:45, Tony Hardie-Bick wrote:
>> To avoid mediocrity, one must work like a demon, and actively oppose the
>> many voices that oppose originality.
>
> Apple? What originality?
> AFAIK, Apple sells inflated price products that are the same as cheaper stuff,
> but slapped with a 'New, Improved' sticker.
>
> Those reports I read about Apple being run like a cult, followed by religious
> sheep is seeming truer with every silly extreme praise comment quoting some
> higher being. For all we know, SJ died from too much contact with his companies
> own 'safe' products...

Well, Dong, I appreciate the debunking, and hell, there's a lot of hype about
their products. IMHO (and I wouldn't want to argue this scientifically, it's
just my subjective view), the integration of GUI elements, also with hardware,
is an art that no-one even at Apple would have known existed, if it weren't for
a very small team, with one person driving them to an extreme. For that, warped
or not, I think the World can be grateful. The Stradivarius of Software, you
might say. But blame me for that phrase, as this is genuinely my opinion,
subjective as it may be. Sheep are only lemmings with bigger woolly coats. And
there is much warmth in putting someone on a pedestal.

But hey, I cannot use their software :) Ubuntu runs on this sweet piece of
hardware :)

Tony (HB)