Smithsonian "Kontrol Surface" KS-1974

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 30 15:06:56 CET 2011

Op 30-11-2011 14:44, Ron West schreef:
> hi gert,
>
>> For me iTunes and Quicktime are too big, too slow, too closed and full of
>> things I just don't get. Plus there's too many things that won't always
>> work. Well, that's for me. On Windows and on Apple.
>
> i'm curious as to what you would recommend to manage a large music
> library on a Mac?

I would recommend 1 Mac and 1 iOS machine if you have a big music
library and lots of apps. That works quite well most of the time.

But since I try to use my library on all my computers, and I've
got a bucketload of apps that float around between my machines (2
PC's and 3 or 4 macs and a couple of iOS thingies), it's become
sort of messy. And although I can work with it, it's certainly
not comfortable. I guess I'm a bit of a chaotic person,
administration wise :-/

  something that supports playlists, metadata and can
> create "smart" playlists. i've never looked into an alternative so i
> have no idea what is out there.
> what doesn't always work for you with iTunes?

Actually, there's just too many times "it just won't work", for
example syncing my daily podcasts. Quite often it just won't
work, or I get only half of them. Or there's some message that
there's something wrong (Vista and W7). That kind of stuff.

So I don't exactly know what it is, but iTunes and QuickTime (I
always use VLC, btw) have never been really nice to me.

Cheers,

--
Gert