Smithsonian "Kontrol Surface" KS-1974

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Nov 30 14:38:59 CET 2011

Op 30-11-2011 14:19, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:

> On 30.11.2011, at 13:44, Gert van Santen wrote:
>
>> Itunes and Quicktime suck.
>
> how? I don't agree.
>
> I often use quicktime Pro to quickly stitch two videos together,
> or to replace the soundtrack with something else -- a quick and
> simple way to do it.
>
> it works great for me to open (almost) any kind of media file on-
> and offline.
>
> iTunes is my sound-database for all my field recordings and SFX
> libraries as well as my own work. All tagged, spread over several
> harddrives but all in one library. it's extremely fast, simple
> and versatile with over 23 000 files indexed.
>
> All that Apps, PDF, iphone syncing etc stuff -- it's a bit
> superfluous for me. But the audio player and database
> functionality is second to no other program.

For me iTunes and Quicktime are too big, too slow, too closed and
full of things I just don't get. Plus there's too many things
that won't always work. Well, that's for me. On Windows and on Apple.

I'm sure glad that updating is wireless since iOS5, since that
was a huge pain in the butt as well.

And let's not even talk about trying to update and sync iOS
machines on different computers.

--
Gert