acts like The Emperor Machine?

moron EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Nov 19 20:56:32 CET 2011

On Saturday, November 19, 2011 05:31:28 AM cyrille.damez at laposte.net wrote:
> Antoni Maiovvi http://www.allmusic.com/artist/antoni-maiovvi-p1180546

Haven't heard this fellow, thanks for the tip.  Definitely in the ballpark from
the little bit I have heard so far (at least the "Shadow Of The Blood Stained
Kiss" is).

> Zombi : http://www.allmusic.com/artist/zombi-p669212
> Zombie Zombie : http://www.allmusic.com/artist/zombie-zombie-p1049011

Both of those I listen to fairly regularly actually.   Zombie Zombie actually
did a John Carpenter cover album which has a super rocking take on the
"Halloween" theme.  Their other stuff tends to remind me a little of College
who I also like quite a bit.

Zombi is straight up Goblin worship (which means I like it a lot).   Steve
Moore has also done albums under his own name which are also pretty cool.
Same guy also does another similar tribute act called Gianni Rossi who has two
"soundtracks" out (not sure if they are for real movies or not).

The main lable for Emporer Machine has some other folks like Padded Cell which
are along the sames line.

I think part of the resurgence is due to the fact that file sharing (and
streaming sites like rdio.com) have spread the appeal of library music.  Music
intended for film tends to have a much tighter focus since it is intended as
accompaniment.  It needs to portray a strong mood, provide momentum, etc. but
doesn't have the luxry that a traditional album has of your sole attention.
In my opinion these limits tend to create a more concentrated type of track
that is both evocative and emminently listenable.

I take part in these monthly nighttime bike rides where I throw a stereo on
the back of my bicycle and play a mix of riding music.  These sorts of tracks
are downright magical when you are riding under a canopy of gnarled Gary Oaks
along a dark bike path at 3AM, let me tell you!

Cheers,

Ron

--
http://industrial.org