Hard drives

Michael Zacherl. EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Nov 14 15:32:31 CET 2011

On 14.11.2011, at 14:48 , The Dong wrote:

> On 12/11/2011 12:22, Michael Zacherl. wrote:
>> yeah, I read about that but didn't realise how urgent that was!  :-(
>> Just checked: The price for my currently favourite HDD (Samsung F4, 2TB) has tripled!  Ouch!
>> I need a Plan B or so, otherwise my VHS-to-digital project will be on hold.  :-(
>
> That..will..take..ages.. (to convert VHS)
> I helped a guy do that, and wave goodbye to a month or two of tape swapping :)

I know, that's no problem. I started a year ago and got about 200 cassettes done.
Including reviewing, sorting and compressing the DV to MPGs.
It's worth the space I regained (and closing some chapters of my life be discarding legacy stuff)

> Reports are next JUNE for production to be back to normal.
> Expect drives to simply run out of stock, prices to rise further, then gradually decline TO A PRICEPOINT HIGHER THAN BEFORE THE INCIDENT.
> This is a familiar pattern.

yeah, I'm afraid that will happen.
But I think prices will restructure with new products being released.
Meanwhile I'll review my data drives and will be more strict with discarding unused stuff.

m.

--
noise chasers: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist