First Mac

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Nov 11 18:34:05 CET 2011

Op 11-11-2011 18:22, deeplfo schreef:
> Gang,
> I may have an opportunity to teach an introductory music
> technology class at my boys school, and need to get a Mac. So,
> I'm in the market for my first MacBook Pro notebook and wanted to
> know what kind of spec should I go for, and what kind of apps and
> peripherals I should consider.

First choose size (13", 15", 17")

Then make sure you get an SSD instead of a HD (the speed
difference is INCREDIBLE). Don't take the smallest; you want at
least 256 GB. Best idea is to buy the smalles normal harddisk and
put the SSD of your choice in later.

Then fill your RAM up completely (8 GB probably).

You might want to consider a dual boot system with Windows 7.

Everything depending on your budget, of course.

And there you go :-)

--
Gert