Linux Distro for Music

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon May 23 13:36:32 CEST 2011

Le 23 mai 2011 à 09:38, Jay Vaughan a écrit :

> I would really love to know about this, as I need to make one too.  At my new job I have a budget for my developer PC = not enough to buy a Mac.  So I'm thinking about Hackintosh'ing it, as I need, at least, to be able to run XCode at work ..

The simple thumb rules for the simple are:

- intel gigabyte motherboard
- a decent graphic card, nothing too special (ie: ati or nvidia, but very current models from major vendors)

For the rest, the OSX86 databases are useful, but the basic info "for the rest of us" is still a bit drowned into the uro geek peeing contest.

I have a X58 ud5 MB from gigabyte, a corei7, and a sapphire 4870 (the whole was set up a bit more than a year ago). it's in fact the pc a linux friend used, but he switched to lowfi given his needs (he maintains the bug tracking/correcting for Lilypond). And he had looked after hackintoshable stuff, as his GF is as I am OS X addict (professional distortion).

It's really possible to use something else, even AMD, but you're not sure everything will work on the MB out of the box or near (like sleep/wakeup, networking…) and it's really making thing more complex for ego boasting.

Right now it's under Fedora, I'll go back at hackintoshing it as soon as I'm back home with a little time before me.

diode (recalling the stuff from memory)
diodeladder at free.fr