Vista? Hello or goodbye?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat May 14 10:35:14 CEST 2011

> Yes, but you two are a minority, and not a big one at that.

I'd love to see some other kind of minority.

> It's just
> that most people prefer the perceived (mind that word, 'perceived')
> safety of Windows or Mac OS.

.. on a Personal Computing level, yes, but on a Corporate computing level .. hah hah!  Forget it - Windows is sandboxed in its VM's hosted on Linux boxes for a very, very good reason, and it has a lot to do with that 'S' word .. ;)

> Apart from the fact that he has his own dual-core system (although it's
> a few years old now), he may play with daddy's synthesisers any time he
> wants. He has to ask first, of course, but I've told him he may play
> with them, and yesterday he did for a bit after I changed the battery of
> the AN1x.

Yes, thats a wonderful thing, isn't it .. I have most of my synths mounted low these days, for the same reason ..

> Software? I could ask him if he's interested, but I think he won't have
> the patience for it.

Maybe he'd see the Power meter and understand the relationship, though ..

> And don't worry, my CPU power gets utilised when playing games, but that
> also hides the gadget that shows the CPU speed, so I still couldn't show
> it to him.

I dig it!

;
--