Teenage Engineering OP-1

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu May 12 03:59:47 CEST 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 2:16 AM, Jay Vaughan wrote:

>> Still no time for videos as of yet but heres a track messing with the samplers, I'm not normally a sample guy. I recorded 2 completely random samples to the device from the internal FM radio. One was a small portion of a song from a spanish station, the other was a short female vocal sample. I put them in the drum samplers and ripped them apart :) Bass, drums, etc... OP-1. Everything done on the device.
>

> Brilliant!  I hope they make a pro version of this thing, with bigger keys and tons more memory .. what a wonderful product!  I'm impressed!

Thanks, it's a pretty amazing thing, it still surprises me that it actually exists. I thought of more pro as well, but the limitations of it really help breed the creativity I think. Also I have never really felt like it was too small when working with it, in fact it makes it super fast to work with. It's hard to compare it to anything else.