I've finished my first album!

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Mar 30 18:01:07 CEST 2011

Op 30-3-2011 15:12, Dave S schreef:

> "Down The Wire" in particular was inspired by being in that barn on a
> very windy night (I was thinking how we're all the way down the end of
> this valley, and our only link to the outside world is the phoneline),
> and also "Dialect" and "Two Roads" were written out there, before it
> got too cold and my 3 jumpers, trousers, thermal leggings, ski jacket
> and saolpettes, scarf, hat, fingerless gloves, thermal socks and heavy
> boots were no longer enough to hold off the cold of working out there.
>   (That's no exaggeration - I really did wear that amount of clothing
> to work on those three tunes, and could generally only manage 2-3
> hours at a time because of the cold!)
>
> It was at that point that I decided to move the studio into the house, heh!

Interesting: the room that I have in mind for my model railway (in some
distant future) could have been a studio, if it weren't for the fact
that it's the "room-on-the-roof" (kamra tal-bejt), and too bloody hot
for a considerable part of the year.

In fact, this is a consideration when putting anything electric or
electronic there. We had a computer up there, to serve as a FreeNAS file
server, and one fine day, it just switched off. Ever since, the power
supply produces a rather unpleasant smell.

Interestingly enough, that room is exactly the same size as the garage
(6.0m x 3.4m), but two floors up.

- Peter