Alone but Together ...

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 21 13:18:32 CET 2011

I m a bit afraid about Producers I heard more bad stories than good ones ...
Like they can/like to control your music, concerts, even sometimes how you
should look like ...
But maybe people on the music bar have some experiences ??
Also I heard and read than it s better that producers contact you than you
trying to contact them ...
This  mean  you should do  already  all your small own business, concerts,
merchandising, auto-production etc ...
Being known and respected in your area , and they may approach you with a
good deal and help you to get the next step for the music quality
recording-mixing-mastering...
It s what I think, it's maybe a bit  a doomed point of view ? :)
But now I m focusing more to make an album of mp3 and sell them on the net
(cdbaby),
then if it s possible, I would like  to find some musicians and make some
concerts ( it s better for promoting),
the thing is after experiences of bands and working with people in the music
area finding people is easy
but people who can dictate themselves to your music composition is quite
rare ...
Of course I m not a Gaddafi of the music lol ...But when a song is done is
done and i expect to work and just work with the musicians to get the same
result or maybe a better one...
Instead I get jams or some weird improvisations not needed or  talking stuff
with cool people but your songs stay in the drawer or have involve in a
complete different version ... heheh
, I think I must pay musicians to get exactly what I need from them instead
of getting blablabla of just jamming around ... ( it s what zappa was doing
after all)

The thing is and it s a reality when money comes into the deal, things start
to be more true ( people and yourself think more)..
Everything have to be calculate cause It s an investment ... and like in
general  when people invest in something they don t want to lose their money
but want a good feedback in return ( as producers) ;)
But to find some people even if you pay them you have to be convincing ...
You need a good brut material ...

So for me now the Project seems  :

Make an album ( this almost done but without mastering yet)
Sell the mp3 ( i don t think I want to make cds if I don t make concerts)
Try to find musicians for concerts
Make concerts
Sell more stuff ( cd , tea shirt, tea, ) ...
make some profits and reinvesting in the project if it works ... etc

It looks possible but also it s not a easy challenge ...
I always knew it takes more time when you do almost everything alone but I
will see...
And maybe all of those are only in my head in the end  hehehe.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Gert van Santen <g.vansanten at chello.nl>wrote:

> Op 21-3-2011 2:01, Joost Schuttelaar schreef:
> > Again two very cool tracks... really at the level that with some
> > professional polish they would be selling like hot cakes...
> >
> > 'bar: How would you 'scale up'? How do we make Romain into a
> > mega-star? :)
>
> Depending on what Romain wants, I think he might be helped with a
> producer. This can partly work through the internet, and partly
> through sessions at the "Romain Gross Studio".
>
> :-)
>
> Gert
> --

Romain