Alone but Together ...

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Mar 21 01:39:12 CET 2011

Thank you Paul :)
Well I think it s very easy song but it sounds ok and listenable I like
mostly the lyrics :)
About the voice I have different technics , I will try to describe some of
them :
1: you record the voice (in a good take with some delays and reverb in bus 1
and 2) then you copy paste it to the second tracks ,delay it a bit few ms to
the second track and don t send anything to any bus, then you pan left
/right  the tracks as you want them.
2 you record the voice in middle quality and you just overdub it and overdub
again ( record a new track) couple of times then you pan all the tracks ...
( but you have to be precise for this technic and mixing could become hell)
3 the "Harmonium" technic is after you recorded a very good take : )

For One track You need 6 Auxiliaries ,  :

Track 1 (vocal track) :
Bus 1 => Aux 1 ( vocal Delay)
Bus 2 => Aux 2 ( compressor)
Bus 3 => Aux 3 =>Aux 4 +Aux 5 (Pitch Shifter)
Output=>Aux7 (master clean vocals)

--------------
Buses & Aux description:

Aux 1 ( vocal Delay)
Effect :Tape delay + Eq
Output: Stereo output

Aux 2
Effect :Compressor
Output: Aux7 (master clean vocals)

Aux 3 (Pitch Shifter):
Effect : None:
Output: Aux 4 , Aux 5

Aux 4
Effect :Pitch Shifter1*, Pan Left
Output : Aux 6 (Pitch Shifter Vocal modulation)

Aux 5 : Effect :Pitch Shifter2*, Pan Right
Output :Aux 6 (Pitch Shifter Vocal modulation)

Aux 6 (Pitch Shifter Vocal modulation):
Effect: Modulation Delay *
Output : Stereo out

Aux 7 (master clean vocals):
Effect : none:
Output: Stereo output

--------------------

(*)Effect Explanation :
Tape delay: something which sync with your bpm
Eq: Eq the way you like
Compressor : compress the way you like .
*Pitch Shifter 1 : Semitones ->0, cents-> -9 ; Mix ->25% ;delay -> 9.2 till
14 ms*
*Pitch Shifter 2:  Semitones ->0, cents-> +9 ; Mix ->25% ;delay -> 9.2 till
14 ms*
Modulation delay :to give more stereo Movement from the harmonium technic

-------

You can do this technic  with  almost all pitch shifter , what you need is
to be able to control by "cents" ,  turn it up as you like and turn down on
the second Pitch Shifter the same amount.
the Pitch Shifter part is for the harmonium stuff technic ...

:)

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 19/03/11 16:13, Romain / rXg wrote:
> > > http://www.fractales12.com/title/alone%20but%20together.mp3
>
> Oooh!, Romain - incredible track..  One of the best posted to the music
> bar..  Very Sisters of Mercy!!  How do you get a Sisters vocal track?
> Please tell me as it sounds ace!!
>
> Really great track.  Saving to my iTunes..
>
> Paul
> London
> www.punkdisco.co.uk
> Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
> "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"

Romain