Apple haters

Ron West EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Mar 17 19:09:48 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Peter Korsten <peter at severity-one.com> wrote:
> Op 17-3-2011 14:42, Ron West schreef:
>
>> Maybe this will soften your hearts a bit?
>>
>> http://kevinrose.com/blogg/2011/3/14/apples-role-in-japan-during-the-tohoku-earthquake.html
>
> What, for making wifi available? When the ferries with refugees from
> Libya arrived in Malta in the middle of the night, four of my colleagues
> were there to hand out free mobile phone starter packs (SIM card and
> credit) to the people whose SIM cards had been taken by Libyan soldiers.

you obviously didn't read the article Peter.

and for bring out chargers for people to charge their devices

for letting the staff sleep in the stores

for stocking up on food for employees after the quake hit

for letting staff bring their families to live at the store

for offering to "pay for any food, drink, or transportation fees that
that person incurred on the way" for anyone who felt that they had to
get home.
"If, on their way home the staff member realized they couldn't make
it, but they found an open hotel, Apple would pay for it.  Since many
people lived 2-3 hours away, this ended up meaning 11 hour walks home,
$300 taxi fares, and $800 hotel rooms (only the luxury hotels had
vacancies).  Executives from Cupertino and London Facetimed with us,
letting us know not to worry, they supported us, and that they would
write off on it all."

for holding jobs for people who decide to leave the country and then go back.