New Video - 29 DJs in 7 Rooms

Romain / rXg EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Mar 5 14:01:21 CET 2011

Paul, thank you to answered me ! I tried Vegas maybe 8 years ago or
something like that :)

I tried  2years ago to do some video-clip by recording myself by myself  in
playback and my project was a total disaster compared to your clip  but i
think doing or working alone is more than challenging specially for video
cause I can t be behind and in front the camera at the same times  heheh ...
;)

I think you are progressing  about  synchronizing all things together   (
music,voices, leaps movement,dancing   etc ) but also the Video quality has
improved imo ...
How did you record the takes ? Are you recording Leah with the song looping
in the background ( so things can bend to be synchronized all together via
playback), then when you have your Video-Data 'in the box' you edit it with
Vegas cut/paste/put effects   remove the background music from camera
microphone and add or overdub the real good quality song to it  ?
Are you recording in HD or another format ?
The biggest problem for me and video is  that it takes so long to edit or
bounce or even just to upload the video data specially when it s HD ...
How big was this project in Vegas 10 Gb maybe more ?
 Also I m curious to know even if it s a detail but do you used blue or
green screen ? or maybe something else ?? :P

All in all it looks very good !!!

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 12:55 PM, punkdISCO <forums at punkdisco.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Romain
>
> > How long did it take to make it ?
>
> I started this when we did the track so probably 10 months ago :(  Got
> bored
> of it once I realised how much time it was going to take so sat on the last
> 5% for many months.  In terms of effort, probably 40ish hours (rough guess)
> but I am getting a lot quicker!!  The Alvin and the Chipmunks stuff for
> example, took me many hours but it would now take me minutes.
>
> > would like to know which program did you use to edit it aftereffect,
> final
> cut or  ?
>
> Sony Vegas Pro 9.  I started on the standard £50 Vegas but then upgraded to
> the £400(ish) Pro version.
>
> I knew nothing about Video editors when I got Vegas - I only chose it
> because I us SoundForge.  Sound on Sound has since reviewed Vegas and it
> does not particularly sound like the best choice.  I think they said it is
> good for musicians because it is very DAW-esque but the effects are dated
> and limited.  Still, Im happy with it.
>
> Ta for the comments.  Let me know if you have specific questions..
>
> Paul
>  London
> www.punkdisco.co.uk
> Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
> "thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"

Romain