The cost of being on-line

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jun 26 20:58:50 CEST 2011

On 25.06.2011 3:46, Romain / rXg wrote:
> I wonder if people are ready to pay more to get less kW/Hour, so less
> comfort for an ecological point of view  ...

It will happen. It's going be impossible to get the building permission
for new nuclear and coal plants. By the time the prices go up, it's
already too late (I assume it would take another 10 years or so build
the capacity with traditional technology again).

> I wonder if the construction process of the solar receivers are
> ecological specially for the chemicals used  ...

It's ok as far as I know. Yes, every technology has its drawbacks (short
of saving energy).

> I wonder about the maintenance of them ...

Not much except for the converters that need replacing once in a while.

> I wonder if all those new kind of energy catcher as solar receivers,wind
> turbines etc  could be soon a new tax  for tomorrow ?

Yes, absolutely. See my other e-mail regarding the available roof space
in Switzerland. Even if we use all the roofs that are suitable, we're
not getting anywhere near enough to supply the country. So yes,
alternative energy sources will compete with other demands (agriculture,
tourism, etc.).

Martin