The cost of being on-line

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 24 16:39:58 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Martin Naef <mnaef at navisto.ch> wrote:

> Talking about "not in my backyard": All across Europe it's nearly
> impossible to build new power transmission lines due to public
> opposition. What people just don't get is that these are absolutely
> essential to integrate renewables at a large scale. Oh well...

This is why I advocate making a move to more local power generation
with solar, and small scale thorium based reactors (thorium reactors
are a very interesting concept if they could be commercialized).

Of course, the big power generation companies will fight it tooth and
nail, but if enough people start going off the grid on their own with
personal solar solutions (which are rapidly improving) they may end up
with no choice.

Tony