The cost of being on-line

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 24 15:27:59 CEST 2011

On 24.06.2011 15:06, Romain / rXg wrote:
> Open question cause i m just curious about what think the barians :
> What is worse for you Nuclear or Charcoal Energy ?

You're opening a Pandora's box here...

My personal answer to the question depends a lot on the trust I have in
the operator. From a long term impact point of view, I still think
charcoal is a very bad idea. Chernobyl may be a wasteland today, but it
doesn't impact me in any way. You can't walk away from global warming,
though.

Both technologies have the great advantage of producing power
continuously, regardless of weather. That makes them difficult to
replace, even if we ignore cost for a moment.

Martin