Traktor Kontrol S4

Andrew Tarpinian EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jun 22 20:38:35 CEST 2011

On Jun 22, 2011, at 2:24 PM, Peter Korsten wrote:

> Op 22-6-2011 19:41, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:
>
>> Have any of you taken a peek at this guy? It's a hardware interface for
>> Traktor. I have not really ever looked at these new interface DJ tools,
>> I am very old school, 1200's and a Vestax battle mixer (thought closeted
>> right now.)
>>
>> It seems like this system would make a really interesting live
>> performance kit though, ie: not just for DJ's
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0ZDzs14uU
>>
>> Plus there is this :)
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zLeaAysuvg
>
> Sometimes, I get these crazy periods and I look at this sort of thing.
> At one point, DJ interfaces had my fancy.

I always get these crazy periods.

> These things really do come 13 a dozen, and you can choose from cheap
> and cheerful to bloody expensive. There's an open source DJ application,
> similar to Traktor, that is supported by quite a few of these
> controllers (or more accurately, the application supports the controllers).

what's cool with this guy is I believe they have it operating at a higher resolution (than midi) with traktor.

> What looks nice about this one is that it has a bunch of connectors at
> the back, in other words what looks like its own audio interface.

yea it has an interface built in, which makes sense for a traditional DJ especially when you are using two additional decks plugged in with timecode. Though in most cases I would not want to use that aspect, instead using my motu or soundflower to route in external gear and/or maschine + monome to play live and record loops to the sample decks.

as much as Live is a live tool, it's just not doing what I want it to do.