Weird oil leaking from electronics device?

Andrew Robinson EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jun 21 20:30:45 CEST 2011

My guess is that some overzealous security theater goon took it apart,
because anything electronic that isn't a recognisable as a type of device
that his mum and dad might own *must* be a bomb. This would mean the oily
stuff is probably something that's supposed to be used in small quantities
to loosen up stubborn screws, but said luddite goon drenches everything in
it because a) the company pays for it, so running out of it regularly
demonstrates he is doing his job, and b) he just plain likes ruining things
he doesn't understand (which is, incidentally, the very quality that made
the company hire him).

If I'm right, I suggest using reverse security theater on them. Accuse them
of smuggling a mystery fluid onto their plane hidden inside your package,
and demand (on penalty of getting homeland security to go medieval of their
asses) that exactly the sort of inhuman treatment be dealt out to said goon
as they so delight in giving to mothers attempting to feed milk to babies,
people who need medicine, or are just plain thirsty, along with a
replacement module, a refund of all charges, and enough free postage to
simply ship your house and contents to Australia and back twice a year for
life instead of going on holiday.

I could be wrong though :-)

- Andy_R