Looking for a synth...

Nate King EMAIL HIDDEN
Sat Jun 11 23:54:55 CEST 2011

For what you're saying there I'd go yamaha cs6r or motif. The reason why is
you'll get what you're after polyphony wise, they're cheap(ish), you can
outboard sample, and you'll have the freedom to add plg cards for expanded
voices/sounds. Just me though.... :)

just re-read where you said you need knobs. the only thing that I can think
of that suffices that too is jp8080 or waldorf microwave xt. but you'll lose
a lot of flexibility for more price if you go that route.

Just one word of wisdom - the plg cards "sound" like a great idea, but can
be a bear to program. The level of depth you can achieve is amazing - but
you do have to work for it.

just my two cents. take care,

Nate

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Tom Adam <tom.adam at thebigear.be> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I've been playing with my cirklon for a couple of sessions now and I
> love it!
> I've got the CV break out box working now and it's driving my modular
> nicely.
> So the monosynths kind of sounds are under control.
>
> But as far as polyphonic sounds I'm lacking a bit of power. I 'only'
> have a virus B I use in single mode.
> So I'm in the market for a new hardware polyphonic synth.
>
> The requirements are:
> Desktop/rack mount (no keyboard or max 2 oct.)
> It's got to have some tweakability (I need knobs)
> It doesn't need to have any drum sounds
> at least 2 parts of 4 (preferably 6) voice would be nice. Dedicated
> outputs is a plus.
> Under 350euro second hand...
>
> I would consider something like a Roland JV1080, but I fear that the
> tweakability is too limited. But I could always send the sounds through
> my modular. What do you think about this route?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> ToAd

   n   a   t   e