iMac or MBP...

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jun 10 21:49:51 CEST 2011

> Yeah, I know about the drive issue in the new iMacs. So if it's that one I'd probably get the 2TB drive and retrofit it with a OZC SSD. One of my best friends is the store manager for the local Apple reseller, so they would put it in for me.

If you can get them to sort this out for you, I'd love to know the details.

> I'm actually developing in a virtual machine with Windows and Visual Studio, so 16 GB would be very welcome compared to the 8GB my work machine has now. The RAM disc thing sounds interesting...

Hell yeah, make yourself a really tight little Windows image, drop it in a RAM disk, and watch your system scream.  Well it will also be quite fast with SSD of course (probably quite fast, enough), but I'm very happy with my blindingly fast VM's these days, sitting in RAM.  I could imagine having a 32gig or 64gig RAM machine with a traditional Terabyte disk for booting, and skip the whole SSD issue entirely ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan