A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 18 00:14:28 CEST 2011

On Jul 15, 2011, at 13:01 , Jay Vaughan wrote:

> What do you guys think of the idea?  If you could buy a package for $500 that would allow you to plug in your rack of MIDI gear and administer it (patch changes/editing/etc.) from a wireless tablet, would you go for it?  Any ideas about the viability of such an idea that you want to share?

I like the concept of it: bringing the 19" rack back to life... hardware-wise I'd like 50$ wireless MIDI dongles. Editor can be something separate.

500$ seems steep. It would be great to buy two dongles (one iPad USB Midi -> wireless) and another for a synth (DIN MIDI -> wireless) and download an editor from the App store.

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL