A wireless solution for your average MIDI studio ..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 17:47:09 CEST 2011

> As Martin pointed out, just controlling the MIDI wirelessly whilst you
> still need cables for power and audio is not particularly useful.

It would remove the need for a laptop, if you can access all your MIDI gear wirelessly from a tablet application.  Right now, tablets have very limited options for connecting to MIDI gear (unless on iPad, in which case its pretty good, but still: wired) but if we can make a cheap wireless adapter that plugs into any MIDI port and exposes that machine to the tablet wirelessly, thats the direction we'd go.

> Perhaps a better idea would be to engage with keyboard manufacturers to
> have them build your technology into their products, so that they can
> produce a wireless portable keyboard. But that would be a niche in what
> is already a niche market.

We'd put this out there as an option once a working demo system is developed .. looks like we're going to at least complete a prototype in the next few weeks.  ;)

;
--
Jay Vaughan