Tony, Andromeda?

Christian Borg EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jul 15 02:12:04 CEST 2011

Peter Korsten skrev 2011-07-15 01:34:
> Op 15-7-2011 1:23, Christian Borg schreef:
>
>> And I like routing stuff to the ribbon (as with the JP8000) because that's delightful to
>> pick and scratch when jamming as well.
>
> So how do you like the JP8000? One friend of mine, who was really into
> synth music, preferred it over the AN1x. Another friend, who had like 25
> synths, quite a few of them vintage (including a CS-60), thought that
> the AN1x sounded more analogue.
>
> Yamaha actually issued a JP8000 sound bank for the AN1x. :)

Well, I'm pretty biased since the JP8000 was my first VA and I really loved at the time.
For me it's still going strong.

Doesn't have enough reference to the An1x even though a friend of mine had one.
And I think overall the filter that Roland is using is more plastic sounding, or like gum,
bouncy, for lack of a better description. :)
But that's also one thing I like about it. And many famous Roland sounds like on the 303
have that character as well.

And the JP8000 is really supereasy to edit and tweak. A bit limited but you do most things
in a matter of seconds. One of it's absolute strengths (for me anyway).

--
Christian B

  :: "compress that dissonance, if you dare" ::

  Blog: borgstation.wordpress.com
  Web:  www.borgstation.com