large cats

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Jul 14 08:17:09 CEST 2011

Op 14-7-2011 1:37, diode schreef:

> Le 13 juil. 2011 � 23:39, K9 Kai Niggemann a �crit :
>
>> Rhein is a large river running throgh Switzerland
>
> running from� :oP
>
> And technically, the Rhein disappears into the Aar (between Basel and Kaiseraugst), that itself runs out of Switzerland to France, Germany and Netherlands� There's a mistake here made by the Romans and never totally set right�

And technically, the Rhine/Rhein/Rijn is called the 'Waal' in the
Netherlands when it splits; later it gets called the 'Merwede'. The
other arm is actually a canal (hey, it's the Netherlands, they get bonus
points for digging canals), which in turn splits into the IJssel and the
Lower Rhine. The Lower Rhine, at some point, gets named the 'Lek',
converges with the 'Noord' (North) where they have all those windmills
(Kinderdijk) and is from there on called the 'Nieuwe Maas' (New Meuse).

(The situation is actually quite a bit more complex than that, but I
can't be arsed and, presumably, neither can you.)

How the Rhine becomes the Meuse is not entirely clear, but let's say we
have a bit of a delta over there.

- Peter