Audio interface

Martin Naef EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jul 12 20:06:34 CEST 2011

I second that statement. My MOTU rig has been going strong for a long
time now - still using a first generation 2408, a 308 and two 1224. I
did have to upgrade the PCI card as the old one would only support 5V
PCI - it was really ancient, yet I didn't need to upgrade the whole rig.

On the MIDI side, I'm also on MOTU now after the AMT8 would totally
refuse to run on modern systems.

Yes, MOTU might offer a few software goodies on the Apple side, but as
far as drivers go, I feel they're pretty good. They were among the
quicker ones to adopt 64bit for example when others would just drop the
older hardware.

I've been stung by RME a long way back in the past (trying to get a card
play nicely with an Avid video editing system), so there's no certainty
even with highly regarded suppliers.

Martin