new track..looking for critique

Joost Schuttelaar EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Jul 11 22:14:26 CEST 2011

On Jul 9, 2011, at 15:00 , Tony Scharf wrote:

> I did this last night and posted it as a quick demo, but I think it's
> more done than I thought...
>
> Hear it is.  Its very rhythm heavy, with no musical parts.  I am at a
> loss to add music to it, however, as I think it's pretty full as it
> is.
>
> suggestions appreciated.
>

> http://soundcloud.com/noisetheorem/noisetheorem-machine-dance

I listened to it after reading your tweets :) I think it is very cool. No, it doesn't need much else. It is just a very cool ambient noisy threatening soundscape. Modern sounding. You could add some pace with fast hihats but that would cheese it up too... another possibility would be to add some low noisy synth pads or short synth sequence sounds, but same thing would probably happen.

So, what's the story behind it? Modular abuse?

--

Joost Schuttelaar
The Hague, NL