Step Sequencers - why do they have to be so conformist?

punkdISCO EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 30 16:23:37 CET 2011

Hi Paul (no internet for last 24 hours..)

> GorF has a variable step length for each step, and I've been contemplating
> adding a "double trigger" mode so when you get to that step you get two
> triggers for that note rather than one.

Sounds hot!!  If you can get some of this stuff into hardware, it would get
lots of interest.

Some more info on the M185 from AH (sounds frickin ACE!):

-------------------
Basically, this sequencer works by advancing the pattern through (up to) 8
stages.  Each stage can have have anywhere from 1 to 8 clock pulses that are
advanced through.  Each stage has a note value.  The stage operates in 1 of
4 possible gate modes:  Mute, Single, Multi, and Held.  In mute mode, the
stage is silent for however many clocks it is set for.  In single mode, the
note triggers for the first clock of the stage, and then it is silent for
the remainder of clocks (if any) in the stage.  In multi mode, the note is
retriggered for each clock of the stage.  Finally, in held mode, a single
note is held for the duration of all of the clock pulses of the stage.

Also, someone just mentioned a Max For Live version:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=75

BUGGER!!  Looks like I might need to get Max for Live, something that I did
not really want to do..

Paul
London
www.punkdisco.co.uk
Banned by YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EvlOpBe0xU
"thats mental! and rather fkin ace too! cheers! dick subhumans"