Let's talk about little harware

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 26 02:47:50 CET 2011

Le 25 janv. 2011 à 16:38, The Dong a écrit :

> Other than that, all I know about Linux and wifi security is that USB is
> not well supported and care must be taken to be absolutely sure of
> support in your intended software/distro, and that the atheros chipset
> is one of the most generally supported for packet injection.

I'm a fervent reader of kismac-ng.org ^^

I can't tell about your 200$ device, there's cheaper and working available… =o) Now I see they have a cheapo 700$ b/g/n device… SIGH!

I'l go Alfa I think, even if it's b/g only… :( but it'll be usefull in summer, when I'm starving for net connection up in my mountains.

Le 25 janv. 2011 à 18:25, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> Or €360 new if you don't buy it from Dell. Because my wife has a VAT
> number, I could order it in the UK without VAT, and have it shipped to
> Malta, all in all for €275.

In France the cheapest is not Dell either and the newest model is 255! ^^

> But there are newer ones:
>
> http://accessories.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&sku=320-9271
>
> IPS is what you're looking for.
>
> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-045-DE&groupid=17&catid=949&subcat=
>
> £240 excluding shipping. If you order it right now, you'll probably
> receive it on Thursday. Reviews of this thing look favourable. There's
> also a 23" version, which is only slightly more expensive.

I'll have a look, it's not on the immediate shopping list as the rest is.

What bothers me the most is that with CRTs you could really work with decent colors given you had the right family of hardware (diamontron was DOG incarnated). Now a calibrator is mandatory to be serious. Damn ,TFT. But the calibrator will wait too, I'll buy one after the screen, later.

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!
No HADOPI!
No ACTA!