Let's talk about little harware

The Dong EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 25 16:38:26 CET 2011

On 25/01/2011 14:23, diode wrote:
>> For this, get an Alpha Networks AWUS036H adapter.  Amazing support for it in Linux.
>
> I was thinking about something along the lines… need one for "wardriving" in summer…

If you have lots of money, the airpcap usb adapter is only £200 or so,
but is going to be very good for security purposes. I've previously
found info on how to hack certain cheapo USB wifi dongles with pretty
much the same hardware/chipset as the airpcap adapter, but can't find it
now. It involves using manufacturing tools software to change the device
ID of the adapter and maybe something else....

Other than that, all I know about Linux and wifi security is that USB is
not well supported and care must be taken to be absolutely sure of
support in your intended software/distro, and that the atheros chipset
is one of the most generally supported for packet injection.