Spark anyone? Yet another "new" drum machine

James R. Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Jan 25 00:46:52 CET 2011

> I am not a fan of its factory kits, however, and having a load of samples to fly into it makes all the difference.

Agreed. I love the vinyl kits but that is about it.  The other kits are "fine" but heavily lean toward R&B, rap type production that I really don't like.  However, my mountain of samples accumulated over the years just love it.  I am especially fond of the kits from Puremagnetik that I think Gert recommended that were super cheap over Christmas and the Sonic Couture libraries I also picked up around Christmas.  They are really playing with Machine in a lovely way that none of the provided library do.  I especially love the Sonic Couture libraries.  The kits are organized around a single idea or theme that *really* work well for song writing and inspiration in a very different way than other perc libraries I've acquired in the past.

James R. Coplin