MIDI Sequencers

Chris Strellis EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 21 14:59:12 CET 2011

All this talk of MIDI sequencers allows me to tell you guys about my
restoration project ;)

An Akai ASQ-10. It has lots of water damage and so it is quite rusty
inside (no it wasn't my fault I received it this way).

<http://www.strellis.com/images/asq10_water_damage.jpg>

It does look terminal doesn't it!

It has Roger Linn's signature on it so it can play nicely next to my
Linn 9000s (both of which still need to be repaired!) ;)

If you don't already know, it's the sequencer from the MPC60, so much so
that it is actually running the same software as an MPC60. In fact,
there will be some button presses that will get the display referring to
samples!

I've replaced already the 2 pin power socket already with a 3 pin IEC
one. It should be safer with an earth to that metal case!

Much more to do but I hope to get it back to 100% functionality even if
the cosmetics may be lacking.

Cheers

Chris