From tunisia

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Jan 14 21:40:58 CET 2011

Le 14 janv. 2011 à 21:26, Peter Korsten a écrit :

> Op 10-1-2011 19:11, diode schreef:
>
>> In fact, Slim wasn't released nor any of the at least 5 arrested we know of.
>>
>> And at least 21 dead today in demonstrations.
>
> Any more news of today, apart from what we can read in the media?

Slim and others are free. I can't tell if all prisoners of the last days are. I don't know how well they are, but Slim404 did a quick pick-a-boo on the net to confirm he was alive.

Ben Ali is about to arrive in France (SHAME)(now it's really the latest news, still to be confirmed, there's reports he'd be persona non grata here), the prime minister is assuring the interim (unconstitutional). Part of Ben Ali's family are reported to have been arrested.

The army assures the security and safety, but there's incidents (pillages) reported in some places. The general, HHQ, who refused to participate to Ben Ali's race to violence is still resigned since yesterday.

There's demos in Paris of happy Tunisians :o)

>> Malta looks like paradise� (just looks like ;)
>
> Trust me: compared to any area in a 500 to 1000 km radius, it is. Heck,
> International Living magazine ranks it as the third best country to
> live, world-wide.

^^
(insert bits of jealousy here)

diode