Building a modular..

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 5 17:24:22 CET 2011

> As those of you following on facebook/twitter already know, I came
> into a slight bit of a financial windfall at the end of last year.  As
> things are otherwise going very well, Ive decided that a chunk of it
> is going into building a eurorack modular synth.

hell yeah, i am absolutely excited!! :)

> I already have most of what I want picked out as far as modules go,
> but one area that seems to be a *major* budget suck is getting any
> kind of sequencing in there.

First of all, in terms of a "hybrid" solution, I say use a lot of MIDI->CV modules  - i.e. many CV i/o's per-MIDI cable.. until you get a 'full solution' this will at least let you sequence with your existing setup.  If you have a good MIDI/CV module in mind, get two of them.

That's a pure "MIDI" solution to the thing, but maybe you don't want to do that?

So .. Really Purely analog sequencing is really all about:

> The modules are big, and you need
> several of them to build up a decent set of possibilities.

Yup.  To get, say, 4 independent analog 8/16-step sequencers (so you can use a sequencer bank for different sections of the song) with Gate'd SYNC, and CV outs-per-step for triggering, a time divisor knob pair, and so on == a lot of money, purely analog, methinks.

;
--
Jay Vaughan