Waveburner destroys files

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Jan 5 12:30:19 CET 2011

Op 5-1-2011 12:05, K9 Kai Niggemann schreef:
> Helo Romain,
>
> unfortunately I have no new insights besides that it seems to occur with 24 Bit files, but not with the same files when I convert them to 16 Bits first with iZotope RX2.
>
> Gert (who mastered the files for us) says he has no problems with them on his machine, so that's rather puzzling.

To be correct: I did not try Wave Burner yet, because it isn't on
the Mac I worked with. Will try that today onb my other MBP.

> It looks like it's not limited to Waveburner though. Some programs can play the files, others destroy them upon opening. Among the destroyers is (very weird!) Soundcloud. When I upload it to there, I get the exact same results as when I try Waveburner or Toast.
>
> iTunes, Finder and Quicktime play back the files just fine.

Just wondering: since CD quality is 16 bit anyhow - why don't you
just convert to 16 bit and get done with it?

I don't know if you are going to print physical CD's, but you
could send a 16bit version of your most problematic file to the
CD factory and ask them if the file is OK - just to be sure...

Gert