Five12 Numerology

diode EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Jan 2 19:41:03 CET 2011

Le 1 janv. 2011 à 18:35, James R. Coplin a écrit :

> It's a G4 tower.  The interface that is giving me trouble on the Mac does
> work fine on the PC.  However, I am really picky about power supplies so the
> one on the PC I built is really nice and solid.

tumbs up! :o)

> If the stock Apple supply
> is lacking, which anecdotally seems to be possible and probable - at least
> in the G4 series, power could be the culprit.

Some series of G4 and G5 have had issues. On G5, the good thing is that usually any hardware problem occurred in the first year of the computer. (save for the lucky ones like me… it happened 3 years after… damn CPU)

> I have an extra UPS sitting
> around I could try plugging the Mac into to see if perhaps that helps.  I'll
> also check the battery, it is an older system and I haven't replaced it so
> that might be an issue as well.  Thanks for the tips.

For me the UPS did the trick, if the issue is main driven. If it does not, it's software or inside the mac itself.

For the battery, check it in place with a multimeter, it should read at least 3,5V. If it reads less, change it.

Have you done a motherboard reset?

Denis H]
No LOPPSI!
No HADOPI!