Ville Valo and HIM

Kim Johnsson EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Feb 24 21:12:32 CET 2011

Chris wrote:

> Is this Finnish guy and his band well known in Scandinavian parts as
> well as the -bar?
> I suppose this is one for Kim and Micke.

Yeah, HIM are big over here in Finland, don't know about the rest of
scandinavia, though. Funny thing is, when I was to New York a few
years ago,  I was hanging out at a bar with a local friend of mine,
and all of HIM just walked in and joined us. They'd just had a gig a
few blocks away, and the friend of my friend was part of the band's US
management, so she dragged them there :-)

Obligatory evidence:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_f_CJFmySRi0/TWa4vEki7dI/AAAAAAAAAS4/1hJ84GWQ23c/s288/Ville.JPG

And while I'm at it, the son of my godparents directed one of HIM's
videos...so I guess it's a small world... Video here:
http://www.stefanlindfors.com/#/intro/menu/F/F-MV/0143

I'm not much of a HIM fan, but I do like Ville's voice. He did a cover
of Summer Wine as well, which I think is quite nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VpOJeUBhY

So, feel like sharing anything more about the DX project :-) ?

Cheers,

Kim