Libya

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Feb 21 20:47:12 CET 2011

Op 21-2-2011 20:07, Tony Scharf schreef:

> While there is great tragedy in what is going on, there is also great
> hope.  The events in Egypt have had effects all over the world.  In

Don't forget Tunisia: it was the inspiration for Egypt. And it was all
started by one man, who out of desperation set fire to himself.

> several states, we are actually starting to see people here protest
> the government, and thats something I never thought I would see here.
> It seems we may be finally seeing a lessening of the apathy that the
> powers that be depend on.

There's an interesting article about this on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12522848

Although we all owe a lot to Mahatma Gandhi.

> I just hope they dont throw out one dictator in exchange for another.
> That would be a real tragedy.

Or an Islamic emirate, which would be even worse. I don't want a bunch
of extremists on my doorstep.

- Peter