OSX MIDI problem

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Feb 1 08:55:49 CET 2011

> I'm trying to playback some MIDI in OSX using reaper, got the new MIDI
> interface, hooked it up and all that comes out is junk.. the odd note,
> but always the same pitch.

Do you by any chance have a hex dump?  You can run MIDI Monitor.app alongside all of this and it will show you the real details about whats being sent at the driver level, and so on ..

> Now, I'm using this to test/create demos for Zira, so I appreciate
> something might have gone AWOL in my coding, but why should it work
> perfectly in windows but fail so badly in OSX using the same MIDI
> interface and same software?

I have no clue whatsoever, it really is smooth as silk for me and I haven't had any experiences with such glitches under Reaper/OSX .. but I would suggest that MIDI Monitor will give you some clues about what the byte contents are on the MIDI driver level ..

;
--
Jay Vaughan