Stand alone multitrack recorders

K9 Kai Niggemann EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Dec 25 18:28:22 CET 2011

How many tracks? and how many at a time?

the Zoom H4n has two mics and two XLR/Jack inputs, it can record up to four tracks.

I know this isn't really a state of the art multitrack, but it might help, since the H4n is very versatile as a field recorder etc.

We often use ours in 4 track mode (you can record 1-4 at a time), with two recording the room with the internal mics and two more recording the stereo out of the desk.

Kai