Interesting app

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Dec 22 20:12:58 CET 2011

> I just noticed it is Linux only.
> Oh well. Either a VM or no go...

It sounds nice, and is very fun to tweak and play with and experiment with, and it is definitely deep.  I like the UI paradigm, its quite 'vim'-ish, and thats something thats nice to have in a synth.  Will be interesting to see if it can a fluid UI on touch-based hardware too, actually .. could be quite feasible.

Dunno about that IRC dependency, though.  Also, the code is written in such a way that there are a -lot- of vectors for attack, factually.  The TCL usage is wraught with danger - I dug a little into why there is IRC as a dependency, and .. well .. after a 10 minute session my security conclusion is: do not trust this code.  Its a synthesizer, but its also an IRC command interface driving a TCL universe.  Buyer beware!

;
--
Jay Vaughan