Lemur, iPad

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Dec 12 20:42:51 CET 2011

Op 12-12-2011 20:03, Romain / rXg schreef:
> Andrew,barians ,
> seeing all those ipad apps( lemur, kaospad,hexler etc etc ), ,
> start to make me want a ipad to control  logic and other daw ...
> but I have a question ...
> How does it go with the touch precision compared to  ie let say
> mackie controller? and about latency ? ( does the ipad freeze
> sometimes ? re-synchronizing ..? )
> Is it really safe in wifi, ?
> When i checked on youtube the videos  i m doubting a bit this is
> why I m asking.
> I wonder is it worth to buy a ipad for 480euro instead of a
> mackie controller ...
> Imo for the price it' s quite obvious the ipad is way more
> polyvalent ... but for music efficiency  point of view, maybe a
> mackie controller is just the right tool  ... ( but maybe over
> dated in few month replace by ipad ? :)
>
> Thank you in advance,
> I wish you all  a nice day

iPad 3 will be on the market somewhere April 2012, faster, better
screen, probably more memory.

I have never had any problems with latency on the iPad 1, but I'm
easy - if something doesn't work exactly the way I want it, I
solve it or work around it.

I say, find out what it is exactly that you want. If you want to
control Logic, and only that. You know what to do.

If you want to use loads and loads and loads of extremely cool
apps (like you want to make an MS-20 track in the train) get an
iPad. BTW, you will need an Apple ID to get those apps in the app
store. That also means a credit card.

Cheers,

--
Gert