had enough of mac, looking for new OS and laptop

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Aug 2 13:58:35 CEST 2011

> again, I am using SYSEX.
> I'm using an app called sysex librarian
> (http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/) which has worked fine in the
> past.

Yes, I understand that, I just want you to know that there *is* a way to produce the bug you are describing by mis-using the Midi API.

>> What device, though, that is the question .. ?
>
> huh? how do I check? I got it form ebay, if I recall you mentioned
> buying a standard MIDI interface when I was struggling to get my
> steinberg one to work with my mac. It's been fine until the last few
> months.

AH!  Its one of those USB-MIDI cable adapter thingies?!!!   AH!  I bet that the wrong driver is matching to it .. can you do 'kextstat -lk' and let me see the output?

> BTW, the device works fine on my old XP dell laptop.

Then, its a driver problem - and I bet there's some dodgy driver matching going on, when it should be the build-in class driver that loads..

;
--
Jay Vaughan