Yamaha rm1x parts

Tony Scharf EMAIL HIDDEN
Fri Apr 29 14:34:14 CEST 2011

This last week, I picked up a 'slightly used' Yamah RM1X.  In this case,
slightly used seems to have meant drenched in pot smoke and beer while being
operated with a hammer instead of fingers.  I picked it up very cheaply.

Anyway, I spent part of last night cleaning it up.  It is actually in pretty
good shape, considering.  I was able to get all the residue out and the
buttons are now all unstuck, though a little sluggish (I heard this is a
common complaint).

Unfortunately, there is one button that doesn't work, and that would be the
PLAY button.  It works if you really press and hold HARD or if you use a
footswitch to activate it.  Unfotunately, that doesn't work for step or grid
record modes.

I know the yamaha sequencers have some fans on the bar.  Does anyone know a
resource for parts or a sevice manual?  I found some button replacement kits
for it on ebay, but I would like to get third party confirmtion that the kit
will work before I fork over cash.

Thanks,
Tony