My Art Exhibition last weekend

Gert van Santen EMAIL HIDDEN
Mon Apr 18 13:44:09 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

This weekend I had my art exhibition (together with 65 other
artists over the whole town).

I can honestly say I am very pleased with the results. All in all
I had about 100 visitors. Most of them were very interested and
enthusiastic about my digital paintings. Many of them wanted to
know how I worked, and asked questions about my technique, my
tools, the software, the computers, etc. They complimented my art
with stuff like "farytale beauty" and "I'm sure we're going to
hear a lot from you in the future". The worst thing I heard in
those two days was, "It's not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate
this is rather original stuff." The funniest thing I saw was a
guy sheepishly putting his head around the door, taking a peek in
the room, and quickly disappearing again ;-)

Business wise it was interesting too, and I even got offered
another exhibition for the summer.

Joost and Heather made it to Wageningen as well, including
Joost's brother Joris (who has lived with us for 8 months and
moved to a student house 3 weeks ago), and Joris' parents. Thanks
guys, I really appreciate it. And thanks for the wine, Joost!

At night we all had drinks, including a very nice dinner in
Wageningen.

To make this thread music related: doing an art exhibition is
almost like doing a gig. There's no mistakes to be made during
the gig, though, and no gear crashes to be expected. The only
thing that can go wrong is if you start talking complete nonsense
to the visitors or drink too much and throw up on someone.
Nothing of the sort happened to me. Also, I never drink during
these kind of events, especially not when I'm driving.
Anyways, this exhibition took about the same amount of
preparation as a gig, lots of lugging and trudging and sweating,
and some nervousness (will they like my stuff...?) Good thing the
Schuttelaars were there to help us when we had to bring the stuff
back home ;-)

All in all an awesome weekend.

Check my website for some info and pictures.
http://www.gertvansanten.nl/digital_art

--
Gert
----