Novation Ultranova?

James Coplin EMAIL HIDDEN
Sun Apr 10 16:45:49 CEST 2011

My interest in the unit is that I am putting together my portable system
that I am taking to China for a year.  It needs to be portable enough to
travel with my luggage and also be powerful enough to be of real use.  The
tough part is that it also has to be cheap as it will be under constant
threat of theft.  My laptop I can't skimp on as I need it for my research
and sanity but I don't want to take a bunch of valuable gear.  The fact
that the Ultranova has an integrated audio interface means it is one less
thing I would need to pack.  I'm thinking my setup is going to be a heap
of plugins, the Ultranova, and probably a Launchpad.  Any other items to
consider that folks would recommend?

James R. Coplin