Ready to tweak some analog hardware?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 7 22:12:33 CEST 2011

Op 7-4-2011 21:29, Tony Scharf schreef:

> Yamaha gave up doing anything except extending the Motif line.  They
> havn't done anything really new or interesting in a while.

In my view, the last 'interesting' (as in, not a workstation,
predictable kind of thing) synthesisers that Yamaha produced came from
1997 and 1998, and were the AN1x, the EX5 and the FS1r. Of those, I've
got two.

Now Yamaha make a lot of stuff, and acoustic instruments and everything,
but there's only so much you can do that is really innovating on a beat
box with S&S synthesis.

> I do like their DTX drum kits though.  My Multi 12 pad unit is really nice.

Odd, just today I was wondering if people still used that kind of thing.
What is your called, precisely? Can't seem to find it on the Yamaha site.

- Peter