Ready to tweak some analog hardware?

Peter Korsten EMAIL HIDDEN
Thu Apr 7 18:42:12 CEST 2011

Op 7-4-2011 10:50, Gert van Santen schreef:

> Op 7-4-2011 3:35, Andrew Tarpinian schreef:
>> Pretty mind blowing,
>>
>> http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2011/04/06/the-korg-wavedrum-mini-a-percussion-synthesizer-that-lets-you-drum-on-anything/
>>
>> When he hooked it up to the table I was like "shut up!"

Pretty cool. What I'm wondering is how they change the sounds, according
to where you hit the Wavedrum itself, or the object that the clip is
connected to. Sometimes it's not clear whether the Wavedrum invents a
different sound for you, or whether you actually have total control over
what happens.

>> I don't know how useful it would be for me only being able to use the onboard sounds(I think,) but once it's released I expect there to be many videos on YouTube of people hooking it up to their cats.
>
> LOL! Peter, this one's for you!

Ha. :) As a matter of fact, I've started to write children stories that
feature Megacat (probably know to those in my Facebook friends list).
Although one wonders what it would be like to connect the clip to a
purring cat...

Useful? No, this is just a fun instrument that you get out and jam with.
It's not a controller, and the question is whether it would still be as
powerful as it is now if the information would have to be translated to
MIDI.

- Peter