Vector drawing program (not Inkscape) recommendations?

Jay Vaughan EMAIL HIDDEN
Wed Sep 29 08:32:18 CEST 2010

> So I've been playing with Inkscape a bit, and it annoys the heck out of me.

Lets make a list.

> For starters, it doesn't support my tablet, whereas GIMP has no problems
> with it.

Do you mean pressure sensitivity?

> Second, there's no way to set character spacing; you have to do that
> with some arcane keyboard combination. Which doesn't work. Even though I
> have a US keyboard layout.

Are you using Inkscape on Windows or Linux?  In Linux, text spacing is adjusted in the Text dialog box quite easily.

> So, are there any (free) vector drawing programs on Windows that don't
> have the aforementioned drawbacks?

Ah, Windows.  Never mind then.  Illustrator?

;
--
Jay Vaughan