Wireless DJ

deeplfo EMAIL HIDDEN
Tue Sep 28 09:49:35 CEST 2010

Hi bar,

So, the bar that I've been gigging here in San Francisco for a long time has had
its DJ operations halted because some malicious person complained to the SF
Entertainment Commission how the bar does not have an entertainment license for
DJs.  The owner for various other reasons doesn't want to go through the
approval process.  So, we are trying to find a work around for adding a personal
touch to the music that is being played via the sound system, without actually
having a DJ in the booth :-)

Of course we've got the obvious routes covered, podcasts, mix CDs, Traktor
playlists, pre-recorded Traktor mix sets, iPod playlists, etc.  But I am trying
to see if I can get my iPad involved here.  So the idea is that I would have my
laptop in the booth, connected to the sounds system and all locked up running
Traktor Pro and some Midi drivers (iTouch Midi).  I then want to use Touch OSC
on the iPad, with some of the latest templates that folks have created for
Traktor Pro.  In theory I should be able to be any where in the main room and
control Traktor via the iPad on an ad-hoc network.  I'm getting all the sw ready
for a test in the studio.

Anyway thought I'd share this, but btw I'm also interested in other ideas for
remote controlling such a rig via a wireless device.

cheers,
mohsen